Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Big Bang releases "Blue"



Here is American K-Pop's Kristin view on the video
This is my opinion and feel free to disagree, but I think the music video is just terrible. The boys flew all the way to New York to film it, and for what? The styling is completely whacked (as in I want to whack that bandana off of Taeyang’s head), the composition is boring and unoriginal, the random model they hired is dead-behind-the-eyes, and we’ve learned that no one should ever film TOP running. More than anything, the video looks like it was thrown together haphazardly, maybe in only a few days. It’s standard ballad fare and no where near does justice to how beautiful and unexpected the song is. Unfortunately the song deserves much much better. Daesung looks really good though.
This was seriosuly hilarious to read.



MY THOUGHTS:
I had to watch this video 3 times. The first time I fangirled every 5 seconds and had to pause the video. The second time I was tearing up and still fangirling and that third time I actually had time to LOOK at the video and not just stare at Top the moment he was on screen.
Does anyone know if that bar piercing in Seungri's ear is real or is it fake? I sure hope to God that it is fake.
The girl they had in the video clearly sucked, and I'm not saying that because she was in the video but if you are gonna have a close up of her face tell her to put some emotion her eyes, because I felt like I was staring at a dead model. For those of you who have watch "Americas Next Top Model" with Tyra Banks, I can see her telling the girl at eliminations that she has to learn how to put emotion in her eyes, because there is nothing more boring then a model with a great pose but no emotion behind it. Seriously she irked me throughout the whole video and she was ugly.
So.....GD had a red/orange could have been pink looking bang and an yellow bang, I hope they don't keep doing that because to me the yellow bang made him look pale.
What the heck is up with them putting a bandana on Taeyang? That just threw me off and I wanted to snatch it off, it didn't look all that great
I agree with Kristin on the fact that they should not have filmed Top running.....not because it was horrible but it looked hilarious on so many levels to me.
Daesung did look great, his hair really grew on me. I usually prefer my k-pop idols with dark colored hair because it looks great on them, and only some of them can pull of bleached and insanely colored hair. Speaking of colored hair, Top's hair color seems to be fading a little, I wonder if they are gonna touch that up before they start promoting.

OVERALL IMPRESSION:
This song wasn't horrible but it wasn't "Love Song", "Tonight" and "Somebody to Love" great either. I mean those songs were epic and this one was alright at best, I am hoping that the next song they choose to make a MV out of will be epic. "Blue" left me feeling like I was expecting an all you can eat buffet, but was instead given a plate that had an adequate amount of food on it, I WANT MORE!!!!

________
Hope you guys enjoyed my little rant, and noticed that I go into more detail when I give my thoughts for Big Bang videos. I'll try to do this with the other MV's so you guys have more to read and clearly understand my thought process throughout watching it.