Thursday, May 17, 2012

Rookie Group She'z releases "My Way" MV



My Thoughts:
I am always a little doubtful when it comes to new groups especially girl groups because sometimes it gets to the point where one girl group sounds like another and that other girl group sounds like the one girl group. Its gets really tiresome and you get to the point were you feel like there is no originality when it comes to girl groups. I was really happy when I was listening to this group and didn't get a vibe that was screaming this group sounds like 2NE1 or SNSD or The Wonder Girls, I think that this group will really go far if they don't come off as copying another group. As far as vocals go, I really liked their voices. To me as I was listening to the song it was clear to me that they have unique voices. For this song, it could have been very very easy for them to turn this into a cutesy-high pitched bubble pop song and I appreciate that, to me when a girl group comes out with a song that is all high pitched then what you would find in some of their other songs, then it is really annoying and I tend not to listen to it or buy the album.

My Overall Impression:
For this to be their debut video and have it be even kind of be good, is really great and they did an amazing job. I will be looking for more of their songs in the future. I just hope they don't drop the ball and end up with crap for songs after this.

My Rating:
8 out of 10