Sunday, November 13, 2011

Jaynoonayepo presents Han Geng Fan





HIS MESSAGE TO US: “AKPF – continue to show me love and add C-pop to your name.”

JAY IS THE NEW NYC CORRESPONDENT FOR AKPF.

On Friday, November 11, 2011, I sat down with Han Geng for an interview, during the New York Chinese Film Festival, at the viewing of his first movie My Kingdom (AMC Loews in the East Village) and the Awards Ceremony at Capitale NYC. Han Geng was in New York to promote his new movie My Kingdom and to receive “The Most Popular Asian Artist Award” from the NYCFF. The NYCFF was well-attended by many influential people in business and entertainment (most based in China), and many GengFans attended the viewing and stood outside in the cold at the Awards Ceremony, just to get a glimpse of Han Geng.



Han Geng carries himself as a professional and a gentleman. He was quick to offer his seat to others, take pictures with many fans and sign autographs (even during dinner). His answers were very thoughtful and he spoke in a calm low voice.



He told me that he had been to the U.S. before (when he was 19) so it felt familiar to him. During this visit, he spent some time in Central Park and walking around he met fans who recognized him. I told him I loved his incredibly cool iPhone cover which had several 3D skulls on it. That made him belly laugh when it was translated O_O I wonder what he was told… After getting over the fact that he allowed me to touch his phone, I calmly asked where he bought the phone cover and he told me that it was from China, but that he promises to buy me one and bring it with him to New York during his next visit. *Faints*

I asked him whether he had a chance to eat some pizza or eat at a fancy restaurant during this visit, and he said he had just enjoyed some pizza before the interview and would be happy to have pizza or eat at a fancy restaurant with me next time he’s in New York. I promised to take him out next time he’s here. When I asked him about Super Junior, he said that it was a very happy and memorable time in his life, but that he is focused on his work as a solo artist and actor. He told me that he is currently working very hard to promote My Kingdom, and in 2012, he’ll be having an Asian tour and is working on adding New York and Los Angeles to his tour schedule. He asked that I attend his show when it comes to New York… *He’s my new BFF*

He was very open about his inspiration and his plans for his career. He has always wanted to be an actor, and he is eager to act in more movies going forward. He is very thankful to his fans for supporting him and will continue to work hard. He was supposed to sing at the Award Ceremony, but was not able to, so I asked him to sing for me – and he did, but only after he teased me for having heard him sing during his Q&A with his fans! *How cute! He remembered/noticed me…* His voice is so soft and melodious. *Swoon*

At every point during the interview, he was open with answering each question politely, and he had such a manly aura. I’m so glad that I had a chance to meet Han Geng. He is such a professional and I hope to interview him again soon.

After the interviews ended at about 9:45pm, Han Geng finally had a chance to eat dinner with his friends. As he was eating dinner, I walked over to sit with him and his group. I was quizzed about my GengFan status by his best friend Sun Le, and I whipped out my iPhone to show my Han Geng music. Han Geng took my phone and scrolled through the songs with a smile. I figured I was in, so I sat down. The next several minutes were filled with the Han Geng and Sun Le teaching me how to pronounce “GengFan” properly because I was pronouncing GengFan like an American – I think it accurately sounds more like “GunFun”! It was so cute that they didn’t give up on helping me with my pronunciation.

I asked them whether they would be going out dancing after dinner, and Sun responded that they wanted to go shopping at the Apple store for a laptop instead (such cute nerds). I teased them for being nerdy and Han Geng responded in English to my teasing by saying that he’d rather play at home with his X-Box. I laughed and said that I never played video games. He then teased me in English, that I should come and play with them. I figured at this point they were just being really nice to me, and I didn’t give an answer. *BUT MAYBE I SHOULD’VE GONE TO PLAY* They’d been working all day, and I didn’t want to add “teaching Jay how to play X-Box” to their to-do list.

I continued talking with them even after dinner and learned that they are flying back home on Saturday. We stood up because Han Geng was asked to take a picture with some fans and because I had asked to take a picture first, he motioned to me to come by his side and I asked Sun to get in the picture with us. I stood in the middle and held on to their arms and both of them leaned in for the picture. *Died*


Sun totally photobomed the first photo and we took a few more until he stopped being derpy! Sun then asked that I fly back to Beijing with them – such flirts! And when I didn’t answer, they teased me for being shy – I almost died… I wished them a safe flight and we promised to keep in touch (pinky swear), especially when they return to New York or if I visit Beijing…

It was such a great experience to see Han Geng completely happy and free. He has made a great decision to be a solo artist and to pursue acting. I’ve found my new BFFs! (And Sun teasing me totally reminded me of something Heechul would do…)


*****NOTICE*****
This article was not written by me, I read it this morning on AKPF (American K-Pop Fans), and loved it so much that I had to share it with you guys. If you want to see the rest of the pictures please go to their website and show it some love, and COMMENT.
The girl who did the interview and got to hang out with GengFan is on the AKPF page, and she is really cool. So if you get the chance go to AKPF Facebook page and like it, and troll around.
Just click here for the article and more pictures. ^^