Sunday, November 27, 2011

Quote of the Night


This interview and article were done in July.
TVXQ has been featured in AnAn Magazine No.1765. They not only participated in the photoshoot but also conducted an interview with the magazine.

The first question posed to the duo was: "Tell us your honest feelings about making a comeback after half a year of hiatus." To this Yunho and Changmin both replied they were happy. Changmin said after having some time to relax before the comeback, he is now glad to have a lot of work. Yunho said he feels happier when he sees the fans who have been waiting for him.

Changmin then revealed that when Yunho is excessively tired "he sometimes twitches and jerks while sleeping as if he is dancing popping." Yunho retaliated by saying, "Changmin often speaks Japanese while sleeping."

The two then talked about how they've changed. Yunho started by saying that recently Changmin has become "human" because he no longer holds back his feelings. To this Changmin agreed and said, "Yes, I’ve become honest to my feelings and now can express my true feelings, so I might look a bit nasty. I’ve learned to let myself rely on others and I feel relieved now." Yunho then said that he has become tidier because of Changmin. He said, "I think I’ve become a little bit tidier because Changmin is well-organized and sometimes tidier than girls. But I cannot be a well-organized person."

The two were then asked about their new song, "Superstar," which will be released on the 20th of this month. Yunho said the song is stylish and easy to get into, while Changmin said that it's cool dance music rather than vigorous. The two were also asked about their participation in a-nation after 2 years to which Yunho replied, "a-nation is the stage where fans got to know TVXQ, so I’m glad to make a special memory together with them again. To be honest, I wanted to make Kakigori (shaved ice flavored with colorful syrups) at a stall...but unfortunately we don’t have time. But some day I will make a Yunho original Kakigori combining Japanese Kakigori and Korean Patbingsoo!"

They were then reminded that TVXQ's 10 year anniversary will happen in two and a half years. To this, Changmin replied that he could not believe that so much time has passed. Yunho said in contrast that he doesn't feel that time has passed quickly and that he would like to have a Hall Tour. He reiterated that it's just his personal hope and that he would like to have live performances at not so large venues because TVXQ started at smaller venues and he wants a new start at the same place.

The two were then asked to picture each other in 10 years. Yunho said, "Probably Changmin will be married. He will be a big star outside the house, but a strict teacher-like dad at home." To Yunho's comment, Changmin agreed and said "Yeah, I think I will be a strict dad. The curfew is ten o’clock, even for a boy (laugh). To be honest, I can’t anticipate whether Yunho will have married or not. He is quite unpredictable. But I’m sure he will be running flat out, even harder than now."

After asking the pair questions, they were each asked some individual questions. They were both asked what they would do if they start losing heart. Yunho replied that he would listen to 90's Kpop and visit old schools. Changmin replied that he doesn't listen to music and would instead climb mountains, go to the sea, or go to a board area to relax himself. He also mentioned that he's been praying often recently.

When asked what would be his ideal holiday, Yunho gave an interesting reply when he said, "I want to laugh the whole day through in an air-conditioned room, eating a watermelon and watching comedy movies." Yunho also mentioned that a manga he's recently been impressed with is "One Piece." Changmin also gave an interesting reply, when asked what he's been addicted to lately, he replied "Health products such as supplements or proteins. Do you know why? I’ll be honest with you. I want to live long. No kidding."

Changmin was also asked what he would like girls to cook for him. To this he replied that he has heard recently that people cannot cook well and many cannot even cook rice. Hence as long as the food is edible, he will be happy.

Lastly they were asked, "How do you act when you are with the person you love?" Yunho replied, "I think I keep my poker face. It’s hard for me to show my true feelings to my love." Changmin replied, "I feel... I can tell my true feelings now. I used to be too shy to talk to my crush. One day she started going out with another guy before I talked to her. So I think I should have the courage to tell my crush I love her."




When I saw the pictures that went along with the interview all I could think was, "Seriously, they chose to put them in mandles (man sandles)." But hey its TVXQ, I swear they would make a burlap bag look good.